Terms and conditions of use
The Research – and Transfer Centre „sustainability and climate impact management”
(FTZ-NK) as the provider of the DL4SD offers the user a variety of teaching
and learning activities with open educational resources on topics related to
the global sustainable development goals (SDGs).
§ 1 Scope
The present conditions apply to the use of the DL4SD-platform as well as the related technical infrastructure. These conditions apply regardless of the location of the access.
§ 2 Registration/Participation
The DL4SD-platform is an open platform.
- Use without registration
The user may use the DL4SD-portal without prior registration. Users without registration may access to an overview of all offered online-modules. Using content, publishing own content, interaction with others, comments to others, third-party content or sharing content is limited to registered users.
- Use with registration
2.1 Further use of the DL4SD-portal requires a registration.
2.2 There is no entitlement to registration and participation.
2.3 When registering the user is obliged to provide true information. All required fields should be duly completed. The specified e-mail address will be verified at login.
2.4 The user may not leave his access to use the website to third parties. Furthermore, the user undertakes to keep login details secret, not to pass them on to third parties or to enable third parties to access them. The provider is not liable for damages resulting from an unauthorized use of password-protected logins by third parties. In case of suspected use of the account by third parties, the user is obligated to report immediately to email@example.com.
§ 3 Services provided
- The FTZ-NK admit the user access to the DL4SD-portal. The service is provided free of charge within the scope of technical and economic means of the FTZ-NK. The FTZ-NK make effort to keep the service available. However, FTZ-NK does not guarantee a constant availability of the service.
- The FTZ-NK is not obligated to rate or comment content transmitted by the user. The FTZ-NK may - at its own discretion - communicate with the user regarding critism, updates, feedback, status or questions related to user content.
- The FTZ-NK assumes no liability for the correctness, completeness, reliability, actuality and usability of the content provided.
§ 4 Links
The website may contain external links to web pages of third parties. Liability for these websites lies with their respective providers. The FTZ-NK shall have no liability for the present or future content published on such web pages. External linking or integrating content of third-parties’ websites does not mean that the FTZ-NK adopts the corresponding contents as his own. Constant monitoring of these external links by the FTZ-NK without specific indications of legal violations is not reasonable. However. such external links will be immediately deleted when noticing any violation of law. If any contraventions are noticed, these external links will be removed immediately.
§ 5 Limitation of liablity
- The liability of the FTZ-NK is limited to damages resulting from intentional or grossly negligent breaches as well as for damages resulting from minor negligent violations of essential contractual obligations. Regarding the last, liability is limited to the typical, foreseeable damages. The above-mentioned limitations on liability also in case of breaches of duty by employees, representatives or vicarious agents of the supplier. Otherwise, the statutory provisions shall apply.
- The user keeps the FTZ-NK indemnified from claims of third parties, which should charge them against the FTZ-NK due to an infringement about content set by him. This release shall also comprise the costs incurred by appropriate legal defence.
§ 6 Duties of the user
- The user shall not publish or disseminate any content that violates good morals or applicable law, in particular
- In the event of a breach of the foregoing obligation the FTZ-NK is entitled to delete content concerned and block the access of the user.
- In case of any possible illegal content published by the user the FTZ-NK is entitled to delete the respecting content.
• constitute a criminal or administrative offense,
• violate any intellectual property right or any other proprietary right,
• violate the Legal Services Act,
• contain offensive, racist, discriminatory or pornographic content.
§ 7 Rights of use
- The ownership for the content remains with the respective user. By placing own content within the online-platform, the user grants the FTZ-NK a simple, unrestricted, transferable right to use, to the extent as it is required for the operation of the DL4SD-portals by the FTZ-NK. The right of use shall survive even after termination of participation. The FTZ-NK is entitled to move content within this website and link it with other content.
- The user is not entitled to claim against the FTZ-NK a deletion or correction of any content created and published by him.
- Teachers undertake to use an open license and should select this license when creating the course according to the guidelines. In return, users are obligated to comply with the framework conditions of this license.
§ 8 Data protection
The data protection regulations applicable to the DL4SD-portal is available at any time under https://dl4sd.org/static/data_privacy_statement.html.
§ 9 Termination of use
- The user may terminate registration and participation by making a corresponding declaration to the FTZ-NK without observing deadline.
- In the event of an important reason, the FTZ-NK is entitled to immediately block the access of the user and to terminate registration and participation without observing a deadline.
- After termination of registration and termination the FTZ-NK is entitled to block the access of the user. In the event of termination of registration and participation the FTZ-NK is entitled but not obligated to delete contents created by the user.
§ 10 Change or termination of service
- The FTZ-NK reserves the right to change service.
- The FTZ-NK reserves the right to terminate service at any time. In case of termination, the provider is entitled but not obliged to delete the content created by the user.
§ 11 Miscellaneous
- The FTZ-NK reserves the right to change the conditions of use with effect for the future.
Responsible in accordance with Telemedia Act (TMG) §5:
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg)
Berliner Tor 5
Tel.: +49.40.428 75-0
Fax: +49.40.428 75 91 49
Legal form and legally representation
HAW Hamburg (Hamburg University of Applied Sciences) is a corporation of public
HAW Hamburg is legally represented by Prof Dr Micha Teuscher, President of the HAW Hamburg, Berliner Tor 5, D-20099 Hamburg.
The regulatory authority is the authority for Science and Research of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, Hamburger Straße 37, D-22083 Hamburg.
VAT ID number: DE 246571598
Responsible for the content of this website
Prof. Dr. Walter Leal
Head of Research and Transfer Center “Applications of Life Sciences”
HAW Hamburg, Faculty of Life Sciences
Tel.: +49 4042875 6313
Fax.: +49 4042875 6079
Ralf Erat, seitenprofi.de
Limitation of liability for internal content
The content of our website has been compiled with meticulous care and to the best of our knowledge. However, we cannot assume any liability for the up-to-dateness, completeness or accuracy of any of the pages.
Pursuant to section 7, para. 1 of the TMG (Telemediengesetz – Tele Media Act by German law), we as service providers are liable for our own content on these pages in accordance with general laws. However, pursuant to sections 8 to 10 of the TMG, we as service providers are not under obligation to monitor external information provided or stored on our website. Once we have become aware of a specific infringement of the law, we will immediately remove the content in question. Any liability concerning this matter can only be assumed from the point in time at which the infringement becomes known to us.
Limitation of liability for external links
Our website contains links to the websites of third parties (“external links”). As the content of these websites is not under our control, we cannot assume any liability for such external content. In all cases, the provider of information of the linked websites is liable for the content and accuracy of the information provided. At the point in time when the links were placed, no infringements of the law were recognisable to us. As soon as an infringement of the law becomes known to us, we will immediately remove the link in question.
Content on this website, except for the partnering organizations‘ logos, is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.